The Level 1 Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training in JULY 2022 is a newly formatted 50 hour Yoga Alliance registered Teacher Training. (YACEP). The training focuses on essential tools and skills on how to effectively teach and practice yin yoga postures for the five yin yang organ pairs according to Chinese Meridian Theory, whilst incorporating the study and understanding of skeletal variations of the hip joint through anatomy and interoception. This online training brings a deep level of how to integrate Mindfulness within the practice of Yin Yoga through Meditation and Pranayama practices & Psychological Enquiry through inter and intrapersonal skills practices.
The course is delivered to you each weekend through recordings of lectures on theory as well as class practicums for each of the Yin Yang organ pairs. In the live interactive Zoom sessions you will experience led Meditation practices and deconstructing Yin Yoga asanas in small group posture clinics. Following each weekend of lectures and live Zoom Sessions you will be sent relevant classes for that week of study to practice as revision to help reinforce your learning and understanding. This is a course suitable for all yoga teachers, teacher trainees, dedicated yoga students and other professionals. It is not necessary to be an experienced Yin Yoga practitioner or a yoga teacher to do this course.
Meridian theory and Chinese Medicine for organ health is introduced and the course includes learning Yin Yoga poses through understanding the meridians, lectures in anatomy for the hip joint and practical teaching applications on understanding and building interoception skills through practice and observing unique skeletal variations in individuals.
Past course content is now able to be delivered online in far more detail and with having more time to digest the content. Having taught this course multiple times online the curriculum has been expanded in much greater and clearer detail. Sarah feels there are unique advantages to every student being able to observe the demonstrations closely and to hear the lectures clearly as well as being able to repeat them. Each weekend a new set of recordings of lecture sessions will be released. Those students wishing to certify must attend all of the live sessions.
You will receive a comprehensive state of the art 150 + page Digital Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teaching Training Manual in colour which teachers in the past have found an invaluable resource to their Yin Yoga teaching.
From her previous testimonials, Sarah feels that leading this training online has added a new dimension to virtual trainings offering a safe and highly effective way to share her knowledge in a rich and equally powerful way. The course has been carefully thought through and adapted to an online format so that you can acquire a high level of skills to enable you to teach and practice Yin Yoga with greater confidence.
Read some of the testimonials here from Sarah’s recent online teacher training.
This is a newly formatted 50-hour Yoga Alliance Online Teacher Training in the essential tools and skills enabling you to teach Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation as an integrated practice. It is open to both yoga teachers and other professionals in related fields who have a dedicated yoga practice.
Upon completion of the course requirements, you will receive a Certificate in Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training – Mindfulness, Meridians, Psychology & Anatomy from Sarah Lo Yin Yoga Teacher Training eligible for 50 CEU or CPD points Yoga Alliance USA (YACEP).
This course is a pre-requisite for those wishing to attend the Level 2, Level 3 & Level 4 Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Trainings.
- Yin yoga postures for balancing the 5 Yin Yang organ pairs
- Pranayama practices for Yin Yoga
- Teaching Practicums & Live Posture Clinics in Yin yoga
- Effective use of Props
- Developing Interoceptive Skills
- Yin Yoga Classes for each Yin Yang organ pair
- Hybrid Classes and how to introduce Yin Yoga to your students
- Mindfulness Meditation skills
- Body, Heart and Mind led practices
- Psychological Enquiry with live interpersonal practices
- Skeletal Variations (hip)
- A functional approach to Yin Yoga
- Deconstructing Yin Yoga postures
- Meridian Theory
- What is Qi?
- Key Physical, Mental & Emotional Properties of the organs
This is a newly formatted 50-hour Yoga Alliance registered Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training (YACEP).
The curriculum is covered through the experiential practices of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation whilst also learning essential skills as both practitioner and teacher.
The course is comprised of live interactive Zoom sessions online as well as recordings of lectures on theory, practicums of variations of postures for the Yin Yang organ pairs and a selection of Classes for practice.
You will receive a list of recommended books upon registration.
There will be a short assignment to complete which will be given to you at the end of the course asking for your reflections to demonstrate that you have completed both the reading and the course hours. Non English speakers should not be concerned as the assignment is not graded and is given to demonstrate your understanding. This should be submitted to Sarah Lo via email within one month of completing the live training in order to receive your Certificate.
Full attendance (including the live interactive sessions), completion of the reading, viewing and homework is required to receive certification.
- Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training
March 2022 – Sold Out
- Level 1 – Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training
July 14, 15, 16 & 21, 22, 23, 2022 (Thursday, Friday & Saturday)
2 – 5pm GMT Live Zoom + Recordings
- 150 page Comprehensive Colour Interactive Digital Teacher Training Manual.
- 30+ Hours of detailed Vimeo Recordings of lectures, structured Practicums demonstrating variations of Yin Yoga postures and Classes for practice.
- 30 Day access for all prerecordings
- Private live zoom sessions are not recorded.
- 6 X 3+ hours Live Zoom sessions including guided Meditations, interpersonal dyads and small group posture clinics.
Certification for 50 Hours in Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation
Your attendance is required with cameras on during attendance taking and for breakout sessions.
RECOMMENDED READING TO PREPARE FOR THE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Mindfulness – A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world – Mark Williams and Danny Penman – Available on amazon.uk here, Google Play or Amazon Audible. OR
- Mindfulness for Women – Vidyamala Burch & Claire Irving
A further reading list of recommended texts will be sent to you upon registration.
- Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Online
March 2022 – Sold Out
- Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Online
July 14, 15, 16 & 21, 22, 23, 2022
2-5pm GMT Live Zoom Sessions
Early bird pricing until May 31st.
FOR THE NEXT LEVEL 2 YIN YOGA & MINDFULNESS MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING – CHINESE MEDICINE, FASCIA ANATOMY & MEDITATION (50 HOURS) – MAY 2022 – CLICK HERE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:-
For private studios please see their separate cancellation policy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:- For studio or hosts, please see their individual t&c.
PAYMENT/CANCELLATION POLICY: For course bookings through this website:-
There are strictly no refunds for online courses once booked. We will be happy to offer you another training date at no additional cost provided the next training goes ahead. No refunds in the event that this does not go ahead due to illness, injury or an act of God.
Materials and recordings are sent out immediately upon booking and your space on the training has been allocated as there are limited spaces on this online course. We regret there can be no exceptions to this (including illness, family issues, pregnancy, job changes, international emergencies such as strikes or any outbreak of war or terrorism, epidemics or contraction of disease, including COVID-19) or power outages as there are limited places and your place has been taken and reserved for you.
No refunds will be made for failure to attend or failure to complete the teacher training or withdrawal from the program due to unforeseen circumstances. No transfers between students allowed.
After registered payment, we will send you a confirmation of your booked spot. This will also act as your payment receipt. No other receipts will be provided.
We highly recommend that you purchase cancellation insurance if you are concerned about the possibility of needing to cancel your course as we cannot be responsible for covering the cost of refunds under any circumstances.
Should the existing training need to be cancelled or postponed due to any of the above, you will receive a full refund. Should the existing training be partially cancelled or postponed due to any of the above, you will receive a pro rated refund taking into account the hours already provided.
ONLINE WAIVER: Please read the following guidelines from Yoga Alliance that apply to this online training too. It is implicitly agreed that by choosing to do an online training that you practice at your own risk. The teacher or studio cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained whatsoever as there is no way to be able to accurately observe from a screen. Moreover, the student may have chosen to turn their camera camera directed away from their body during practice though all cameras need to be on during the live session for verification of attendance.
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in yoga classes, workshops and teacher trainings (“Activities”) offered by Sarah Lo. The Activities may be offered in the physical location of the Studio or offered online by videos, television, podcasts, apps or other digital media or platforms. All of such offerings, either physical or online, shall be considered “Activities.”
2. I recognise that I must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities may require intense physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I recognise that the Activities may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before my participation in the Activities. If I have done so, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that the Teacher reserves the right to refuse my participation in any Activity on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
3. I am aware that my participation in the Activities could result in high blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, heart attack or stroke and may aggravate pre-existing injuries. I understand that I could experience muscle, back, neck and other injuries as a result of my participation in the Activities. I understand my physical limitations and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify my participation in any Activity before I become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities, including those which may result from the negligence of the Teacher.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against the Teacher and any of Teacher’s employees, independent contractors or assistants (each, a “Released Party”) that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities even if the Claim arises from the negligence of Released Party or anyone else.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Released Party from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the negligence of Released Party or anyone else.
“Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of any Released Party.
7. I hereby understand that the Teacher from time to time may photograph, video, or otherwise record Activities and place such photographs and videos on its Website or social media platform. I hereby consent to the use of my image that may appear in any such photograph or video.
8. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the United Kingdom and that all actions, suits, claims and proceedings relating to this agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the United Kingdom. In case any provision of this agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision of this agreement and this agreement shall be construed as if such provision had never been contained herein.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in classes, workshops, trainings or activities during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I recognise that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician, especially during pregnancy, prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program, including yoga. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition, including being pregnant or the possibility of being pregnant, that would prevent my participation in physical fitness activities.
3. In consideration of being admitted on to a workshop or a teacher training program and by participating in the yoga classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
4. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes, I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor, the owner, or the leaseholder of the building for injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes or workshops.
5. I hereby grant permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video or other digital media in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications and marketing without payment or other consideration.
I have read and fully understand and agree to the above terms of this Liability Waiver Agreement. By signing up for this training it is implicitly implied that you agree to the complete and unconditional release of all liability of Sarah Lo and her assistants.
HEALTH CONDITIONS: It is essential that you disclose any major health concerns or conditions that might affect your participation in the training. Each participant is free to practice to their own ability or to simply observe if they are unwell or feel unfit to practice. We reserve the right to decline participation of anyone who has not disclosed a medical condition or a psychiatric one which we are not equipped or trained to manage as teachers in a class setting.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sarah Lo &/or her assistants/the studio/venue hosting cannot be responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage of property, or disruption or cancellation of any program due to any unforeseeable circumstances, including adverse weather conditions, flood, cancellations or delays caused by transport strikes or technical problems, war, threat of war including threat level changes, terrorist action or threats, epidemics, contraction of disease, closure of airports, strikes, industrial action or power outages which are beyond the control of Sarah Lo and/or the hosting Studio/Venue. In the event that Sarah Lo herself is taken ill, every attempt will be made to find a replacement teacher or the event will be postponed or Sarah will make up the time as soon as is possible. This has never had to happen but with every Yoga teacher training or course, this is always possible under rare circumstances.
RELEASE: I am aware that I may be included in photographs taken at any Sarah Lo event that may be used on www.SarahLo.co.uk and associated social media websites. No photographs will be taken in private breakout rooms.
CODE OF CONDUCT: This course will be taught solely by Sarah Lo and her team of Yin Yoga graduate assistants under her guidance. We undertake to provide you with a training that provides the highest professionalism and standard of training within the industry. It is your responsibility to understand that there is a code of conduct also expected from you as a student and that since this is a group course, there is no opportunity for 1:1 time for individual help or personal mentoring. As this course will include personal dyad work with one another, we invoke the ‘Conversation Cafe Agreement’ as detailed below and it is expected that students remain sensitive and open to one another’s sensitivities and that material which is shared in dyad or group sessions remains confidential. If you decide to leave the course for personal reasons or find that the course does not meet with your expectations, it will be deemed to be your personal decision and the same cancellation policy will apply and you cannot expect a refund. The studio and teacher reserve the right to ask any student who is discourteous or uses threatening behaviour or language during the training to leave the studio or virtual space immediately. We also reserve the right to remove students from our virtual space who do not comply with our policies of gender and race equality.
Conversation Cafe Agreement:
Open-Mindedness: listen to and respect all points of view
Acceptance: suspend judgement as best you can
Curiosity: seek to understand rather than persuade
Discovery: question old assumptions, look for new insights
Sincerity: speak for yourself about what has personal heart and meaning
Brevity: go for honesty and depth but don’t go on and on
NON CONTACT HOURS REQUIREMENT: I understand that there is a course requirement to fulfil the recommended reading and viewing necessary for the course.
NO REFUND POLICY: I understand that I have no recourse to a refund for this course for any reason other than as specified in the cancellation policy.
ACCEPTANCE: By registering for this course, it is understood that you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
Nearly all of your questions can be answered here.
PLEASE read through these answers before emailing the office as we have made every effort to answer all conceivable questions here.
There is NO office available 24/7 and it is not possible to answer individual queries on pricing, timing, certification if the answers are already available here.
If you are unable to attend a session, please re read the details which were sent out to you for your course. Teachers are not on hand to answer questions during the course or on the day of the live training.
Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training
March 2022 – Sold Out
Level 1 – Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Online – Mindfulness, Meridians, Psychology & Anatomy (50 Hours YA)
July 14, 15, 16 & 21, 22, 23, 2022
9pm-12am Hong Kong/Singapore
Bookings now open here
Early bird pricing available until May 31st.