LEVEL 2 YIN YOGA & MINDFULNESS MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING
MAY 8 – JUNE 5, 2022 (Each Sunday live)
2pm – 4:30pm GMT
CHINESE MEDICINE, FASCIA ANATOMY & MEDITATION
This once yearly Level 2 Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training (a 50-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Training) is a 5 week online training open to both yoga teachers and other professionals. You’ll receive a Level 2 Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Certification (YACEP) (50 CEU/CPD points).
This online training advances your yin yoga teaching knowledge and skills to new levels. We explore postures from a functional approach through both interoception and skeletal variability, learn to physically map the meridian pathways of the Yin Yang organ pairs, study soft tissue anatomy of the hip joint, fascia anatomy and research, practice daily mindfulness meditation skills for the body, heart & mind, learn powerful pranayama techniques for stimulating qi, approach psychological inquiry through both interpersonal and intrapersonal practices, learn felt sensing through the subtle body, the importance of the vagus nerve through Polyvagal theory and the science behind the enteric nervous system. We demonstrate and explore the importance of our individual postural awareness in sitting and standing where the presence, listening and observational skills as a teacher are key to becoming a better teacher of Yoga.
This training is powerful self-development work where teaching pedagogy is of utmost importance to developing the trust of your students. We delve more deeply into the concepts, science and practices of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation. Material from the Level 1 training is not repeated. New yin yoga postures for the upper and lower body are taught in Level 2. We’ve been running this course for over 10 years now and it is the most comprehensive Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training program to date.
Recordings of lectures and practicals and classes are released weekly and you will have 30 days access to all recordings each week. Having taught this course multiple times online Sarah feels that there are unique advantages to every student being able to observe the demonstrations closely and to hear the nlectures clearly and repeat them. We meet weekly for our live session together where you will have plenty of opportunity to meet other participants as well as dialogue with Sarah and the assisting team which will help enormously to solidify your learning and enable you to practice during the week.
The latest state of the art full colour digital interactive 130+ page Level 2 Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Manual includes cutting edge research on fascia and detailed instructions for the breakdown of postures. Teachers in the past have found the manuals their go-to textbooks for teaching and have been an invaluable resource to their Yin Yoga teaching.
From her previous testimonials, Sarah feels that leading this training online has added a new dimension to virtual trainings offering a safe and highly effective way to share her knowledge in a rich and equally powerful way. The course has been carefully thought through and adapted to an online format so that you can acquire a high level of skills enabling you to teach and practice Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation with more clarity and depth.
- 130+ Page Colour interactive digital Teacher Training Manual (downloadable and printable)
- Meridian and Sinew Channels printable Manual
- 20 Lecture & Practicums Recordings
- 14 X Yin Yoga Practice Classes
- 5 X 2.5 hours live interactive Zoom Sessions with Sarah
- Assessed Assignment
- Weekly Reading/Homework
- Additional Viewing Resources
Read some of the testimonials here from Sarah’s recent online Level 2 teacher training.
Attendance in the entire program is required in order to receive a Certificate in Level 2 – Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation – Chinese Medicine, Fascia Anatomy & Meditation from Sarah Lo Yin Yoga Teacher Training for 50 Yoga Alliance hours (YACEP).
This certificate will go towards earning a 200 hours Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Certification with Sarah Lo.
There will be a short assignment of reflection to submit following the course.
Certificates will be sent by email the following month after all the assignments have been assessed.
LEVEL 2 – CHINESE MEDICINE, FASCIA ANATOMY & MEDITATION
- Functional Teaching for the Yin Yang organ pairs
- Deconstruction of Yin Yoga poses
- New Yin Yoga postures for the upper + lower body, including the neck
- Mindfulness meditation practices for the body, heart and mind
- Inquiry through interpersonal practices
- Meridian & Sinew pathways of the yin yang organ pairs
- Theory of Chinese Medicine
- Governor and Conception Vessel
- Mapping the meridians
- Soft tissue of the hip joint & upper leg
- Fascia Anatomy
- The Vagus Nerve & Polyvagal Theory
- The Enteric Nervous System
- Felt Sensing
Teaching Skills for Yin
- Effective cues
- Postural Awareness
- Key Listening Skills
- Observational Skills
- Props – effective use for different body types
A full Colour digital and interactive 130 page Teacher Training manual will be emailed to you prior to the training.
Upon registration you will be sent a list of recommended books to choose from as important background reading for this course.
Level 2 – Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training
Chinese Medicine, Meditation & Fascia Anatomy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:- For studio or hosts, please see their individual t&c.
PAYMENT/CANCELLATION POLICY: For course bookings through this website:-
There are strictly no refunds for online courses once booked. Materials and recordings are sent out immediately upon booking and your space on the training has been allocated as there are limited spaces on this online course. We regret there can be no exceptions to this (including illness, family issues, pregnancy, job changes, international emergencies such as strikes or any outbreak of war or terrorism, epidemics or contraction of disease, including COVID-19) or power outages as there are limited places and your place has been taken and reserved for you. Please purchase cancellation insurance to protect you from any losses you may incur. No refunds will be made for failure to attend or failure to complete the teacher training or withdrawal from the program due to unforeseen circumstances. No transfers to other courses or between students allowed. The cancellation policy is firm. After registered payment, we will send you a confirmation of your booked spot. This will also act as your payment receipt. No other receipts will be provided.
We will make every effort to offer you an alternative course at a future date should one be scheduled if you miss more than one day of the training. There is no guarantee of this and there is no recourse to a refund should no other training be either scheduled or suit timing.
Recordings of the live breakout sessions are not made for privacy purposes.
ONLINE WAIVER: Please read the following guidelines from Yoga Alliance that apply to this online training too. It is implicitly agreed that by choosing to do an online training that you practice at your own risk. The teacher or studio cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained whatsoever as there is no way to be able to accurately observe from a screen. Moreover, the student may have chosen to turn their camera camera directed away from their body during practice though all cameras need to be on during the live session for verification of attendance.
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in yoga classes, workshops and teacher trainings (“Activities”) offered by Sarah Lo. The Activities may be offered in the physical location of the Studio or offered online by videos, television, podcasts, apps or other digital media or platforms. All of such offerings, either physical or online, shall be considered “Activities.”
2. I recognise that I must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities may require intense physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I recognise that the Activities may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before my participation in the Activities. If I have done so, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that the Teacher reserves the right to refuse my participation in any Activity on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
3. I am aware that my participation in the Activities could result in high blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, heart attack or stroke and may aggravate pre-existing injuries. I understand that I could experience muscle, back, neck and other injuries as a result of my participation in the Activities. I understand my physical limitations and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify my participation in any Activity before I become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities, including those which may result from the negligence of the Teacher.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against the Teacher and any of Teacher’s employees, independent contractors or assistants (each, a “Released Party”) that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities even if the Claim arises from the negligence of Released Party or anyone else.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Released Party from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the negligence of Released Party or anyone else.
“Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of any Released Party.
7. I hereby understand that the Teacher from time to time may photograph, video, or otherwise record Activities and place such photographs and videos on its Website or social media platform. I hereby consent to the use of my image that may appear in any such photograph or video.
8. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the United Kingdom and that all actions, suits, claims and proceedings relating to this agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the United Kingdom. In case any provision of this agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision of this agreement and this agreement shall be construed as if such provision had never been contained herein.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in classes, workshops, trainings or activities during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I recognise that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician, especially during pregnancy, prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program, including yoga. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition, including being pregnant or the possibility of being pregnant, that would prevent my participation in physical fitness activities.
3. In consideration of being admitted on to a workshop or a teacher training program and by participating in the yoga classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
4. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes, I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor, the owner, or the leaseholder of the building for injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes or workshops.
5. I hereby grant permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video or other digital media in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications and marketing without payment or other consideration.
I have read and fully understand and agree to the above terms of this Liability Waiver Agreement. By signing up for this training it is implicitly implied that you agree to the complete and unconditional release of all liability of Sarah Lo and her assistants.
HEALTH CONDITIONS: It is essential that you disclose any major health concerns or conditions that might affect your participation in the training. Each participant is free to practice to their own ability or to simply observe if they are unwell or feel unfit to practice. We reserve the right to decline participation of anyone who has not disclosed a medical condition or a psychiatric one which we are not equipped or trained to manage as teachers in a class setting.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sarah Lo &/or her assistants/the studio/venue hosting cannot be responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage of property, or disruption or cancellation of any program due to any unforeseeable circumstances, including adverse weather conditions, flood, cancellations or delays caused by transport strikes or technical problems, war, threat of war including threat level changes, terrorist action or threats, epidemics, contraction of disease, closure of airports, strikes, industrial action or power outages which are beyond the control of Sarah Lo and/or the hosting Studio/Venue. In the event that Sarah Lo herself is taken ill, every attempt will be made to find a replacement teacher or the event will be postponed or Sarah will make up the time as soon as is possible. This has never had to happen but with every Yoga teacher training or course, this is always possible under rare circumstances.
RELEASE: I am aware that I may be included in photographs taken at any Sarah Lo event that may be used on www.SarahLo.co.uk and associated social media websites. No photographs will be taken in private breakout rooms.
CODE OF CONDUCT: This course will be taught solely by Sarah Lo and her team of Yin Yoga graduate assistants under her guidance. We undertake to provide you with a training that provides the highest professionalism and standard of training within the industry. It is your responsibility to understand that there is a code of conduct also expected from you as a student and that since this is a group course, there is no opportunity for 1:1 time for individual help or personal mentoring. As this course will include personal dyad work with one another, we invoke the ‘Conversation Cafe Agreement’ as detailed below and it is expected that students remain sensitive and open to one another’s sensitivities and that material which is shared in dyad or group sessions remains confidential. If you decide to leave the course for personal reasons or find that the course does not meet with your expectations, it will be deemed to be your personal decision and the same cancellation policy will apply and you cannot expect a refund. The studio and teacher reserve the right to ask any student who is discourteous or uses threatening behaviour or language during the training to leave the studio or virtual space immediately. We also reserve the right to remove students from our virtual space who do not comply with our policies of gender and race equality.
Conversation Cafe Agreement:
Open-Mindedness: listen to and respect all points of view
Acceptance: suspend judgement as best you can
Curiosity: seek to understand rather than persuade
Discovery: question old assumptions, look for new insights
Sincerity: speak for yourself about what has personal heart and meaning
Brevity: go for honesty and depth but don’t go on and on
NON CONTACT HOURS REQUIREMENT: I understand that there is a course requirement to fulfil the recommended reading and viewing necessary for the course.
NO REFUND POLICY: I understand that I have no recourse to a refund for this course for any reason other than as specified in the cancellation policy or within the cancellation period of the course.
ACCEPTANCE: By registering for this course, it is understood that you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
LEVEL 2 TRAINING
MAY 8 – JUNE 5, 2022 – Live Zoom every Sunday
2pm – 4:30pm GMT
9am – 11:30am EST
9pm – 11:30pm Hong Kong/Singapore
LAST WEEK TO BOOK!
(Spaces are strictly limited on this course. Once full we cannot accept any additional spaces.)
ACCEPTANCE: By registering for this course, it is understood that you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
Frequently asked questions here.
PLEASE read through these answers before emailing the office as we have made every effort to answer all conceivable questions here. If your question can be answered here we will simply refer you back to the relevant section.
July 2021 – SOLD OUT
MAY 8 – JUNE 5th, 2022 Live Zoom every Sunday
2pm – 4:30pm GMT
9am – 11:30am EST
9pm – 11:30pm Hong Kong/Singapore
TRAININGS HAVE BEEN MOVED ONLINE WITH WORLDWIDE TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, GOVERNMENT AND EDUCATIONAL GUIDELINES AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOGA ALLIANCE REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES FOR YACEP COURSES.